CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day of Grade 1



Wow, it is hard to believe our baby is already in Grade 1. How time has flown. Here she is all ready to go this morning. She was so excited. She wasn't nervous at all to be going to a new school (we switched her from the public school to the Christian school here in Airdrie). She was dancing around all morning.
When I picked her up after school she was so happy. She said, "Mom, you were right, Mrs. Foster is super nice." She also shared with me that if she had to be talked to 3 times she would get a time out... of course she was not talked too...she got second recess ~ what a surprise ~ and she has a Stephen at her table who spells his name just like Daddy.
I think what makes my heart leap for joy the most is when she shared about getting to learn Bible verses too. She was so excited. I then checked her Bible verse schedule, and thought wow, this is amazing. For Sept. alone she has to learn (with 4 or less prompts or mistakes) Psalm 84:4-12 and Genesis 1:1-3. You know what we will be busy doing every day. Practice, practice, practice. She is excited though, so that is good.
Well, off to make dinner and practice some more. As soon as I get time and figure out how I will post a link to our summer pictures and adventures. I know I have had a hard time from a few of you for not keeping you all up to date. Check back soon. I promise.

3 comments:

Joan said...

What a great smile. So natural. She was so excited to start school so I'm thrilled her first day went so well.
ps -- she can come practice her memorizing with Grandma!

Jen L said...

Ahh to be that happy to go back to school. Honestly, I couldn't sleep at all the first few nights before school began. I still don't know if it was dread or maybe excitement.

The Nieboer News said...

Hey,

I think you need to post a video of katelyn doing her verses!! I'm glad she is doing so well at them.

it was nice to chat with you yesterday. maybe we'll see you this weekend.